How to become a memberThese pay-as-you-go group classes are exclusively for those wanting to progress their agility skills after completing one of the following training options: Anglian Dog Works courses either in a group, in a block of private sessions* or demonstrated that level of ability one-to-one. Designed as a flexible follow-on training option, meaning you can drop in as much as you like but allows for time away when life gets busy! Spend time as often as you can with your dog mastering agility, improving obedience, and strengthening your bond so that you can take home a happy and satisfied dog by providing an outlet for their energy through mental and physical stimulation.
How they work
- These 1h standalone group sessions are tailored to the individuals who sign up and are designed to help dogs continue to progress.
- Held most weeks in Balsham and/or Barton; a mixture of daytime, evening and weekend classes on various days.
- Small groups of 3 to 6 dogs.
- The private link to the online calendar to browse and book these sessions is shared with members via email***
- Each week we run a different course. At Balsham sequences include a combination of jumps, tunnels and weaves; at Barton, we have an A-frame and see-saw too.
- To warm your dogs’ muscles up and learn the sequence, you will run short segments at a time. When all of the dogs have had a go at that level, we add a couple more obstacles to the following run.
- Each turn gives you a chance to practice the course; I will be there to offer support and guidance should you need it, as well as throw in challenges for those that want one!
- We progress in this way until we’re running the full course.
If you’ve any questions, please do get in touch.
*These training options give attendees the skills they need to run short courses and become an Agility Club Member. Also open to those that have demonstrated that level of ability in an initial consultation/121.
** Note: due to the nature of the content, requires a minimum of 3 dogs per session to run.
*** Note: only sessions with spaces will be shown on the booking page, not those that are fully booked.
Yes, spectators are more than welcome.
What we recommend is that you decide who will be handling your dog and stick to that person doing the training for the duration of the session to save any confusion for your dog.
Any children under the age of 18 must be always accompanied by an adult.
Wonderful calm and clear agility training, thank you so much Emma
Emma is a patient trainer. She gives clear instructions and is prepared to repeat, again and again. I feel comfortable and at ease with Emma. I always feel very proud when I have succeeded in bonding with my dog, and us both completing the course. When things go awry, Emma is able to advise in a kind, useful way. We look forward to, and very much enjoy our Agility Club Sessions with Emma, at Anglian Dog Works. To top it all, the Balsham site is beautiful. Thank you Emma.
Emma puts so much time and effort into the Agility Club sessions and my Sprocker Spaniel Reggie loves taking part! He's gone from being hyperactive and nervous to really growing in confidence, patience and his focus during training, and on me in general, has improved loads. Emma has created such a lovely community for people whose dogs need an extra outlet for their energy. We really enjoy our time at Anglian Dog Works!
This is an incredible venue with absolutely amazing sessions run by Emma Filby. My springer spaniel Oakley is so happy to be training. He is as enthusiastic at the end of training as he is at the start. We always have so much fun. Emma's time, patience and guidance is appreciated she always makes you feel at ease. I highly recommend Emma at Anglian Dog Works.
We started with sharing private lessons with a sibling pup 🐶 I was quite nervous initially but Emma soon put us at ease and we had the best first session so we carried on and I was so surprised by how much lady took on and how much it exhausted her… trust me that is not an easy thing to do 😂 we have since moved into club sessions, I have learnt so much and we both enjoy it so much, Emma is super patient and makes you feel comfortable .. even when the owner seems to forget her lefts from rights ☺️ thank you Emma we love it